Admit it, if there is one thing we all miss it is bread. We probably don’t miss what it does to us, but I bet most of us miss something to sandwich a burger in, some meat or for blathering with butter to dip in a steaming bowl of soup.
Now I have tried a few recipes for microwave paleo bread, and after a bit of tweaking here is what works for me. This would make an excellent base for garlic bread or add herbs to the mix for a savoury bread. I am going to try it with some dried fruit for a lunchbox fruit bread…….watch this space.
- 1.5 oz almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons melted butter, ghee or coconut oil (depending on your degree of paleoness)
- 1 beaten egg
- Put all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well
- Mix in the beaten egg and stir.
- Melt the oil of choice and stir into the mix.
- Grab a mug from the cupboard (or the mug tree if you are stuck in the 80's) and grease well.
- Tip the mix into the mug and microwave for 90 seconds (This is based on my cheap Asda 900 watt oven, you may need to adjust times)
- Allow to cool for a couple of minute then tip out of the mug.
This really is this easy and I think just making a small amount as needed is better than making a full loaf of paleo bread as you will want to spend the whole week eating sandwiches if you do.